Author Topic: Must of installed it wrong; No Textures on maps.  (Read 8005 times)

M4BHoward

• View Profile
Re: Must of installed it wrong; No Textures on maps.
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 04:22:37 PM »
Hmmm... I never knew that about the addon folder (learn something new every day) :P

If my modified PAK was universally accepted as THE temporary fix, there wouldn't be asset issues (if two computers are using the same PAK, then no problems.) ;)

Of course, my efforts may have been needless (depending upon when Epic final is coming out,) but I'd like to see some Epic games online before that. :D
Every Noob has his day... :D

VSMIT

• Factions
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Resident Mac Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 04:29:32 PM »
Well, what you can do in the meantime is upload the textures somewhere as a zip file, so that people can unzip them to their addon folder and not have to go through the problem of converting them for themselves.

That may help get people to play EPIC more, especially if they have no experience modding.

IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

M4BHoward

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 05:41:56 PM »
Well, I already stuck all the DXTBZ2 back in the PAK, and I don't know if I still have all the original copies in order (long story; converted folder 'Textures' first and found out later that there were other textures... :P)

I think I'll take the existing 7z Epic package, replace it's PAK with mine, and repost it (with the appropriate instructions and acknowledgments, of course,) on mediafire.

Thanks for the input though! :)

AHadley

• Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Controller Node
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 06:18:55 PM »
Just drop all the textures in an addon folder. so much less work, and much more effective.
Quote from: Katrina Cooke
The Cerberi. Fate's cruel and heartless practical joke on humanity. And this? This is the punchline.

M4BHoward

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 09:19:30 PM »
Ok, here's Epic 1.0 updated for BZ2 Version 1.3 beta 6:---------->  http://www.mediafire.com/?j22qbcz2i2s27

This contains all the files found in the original 7z download (by Slaor and others) except for the PAK, which has been modified by yours truly to fit Beta 6's requirements for DXTBZ2 textures.

!!Please Note!! : this mod was made for PB 5.1, not for PB 6. However, during my preliminary testing I found no incompatibilities with PB 6.  In other words, "It's working on my computer..."

Steps for installation: 1. Download the ZIP file and unzip into whatever folder Battlezone2 1.3 beta 6 is installed to.
                              2. Create a new shortcut for Battlezone2.
                              3. Right click on your new shortcut, select properties, and add the following information to the "target" field

(excluding the quote signs): " /config Epic.cfg" 

!!! You see that space before that slash? That needs to be there. Also note the direction of the slash. !!!

The finished product should look something like this: ...Battlezone2 1.3beta6\bzone.exe" /config Epic.cfg
(copied from my own shortcut. The ... is the rest of the directory.)

4. Click on the modified shortcut to play Epic!

Now, there are still a few bugs specific to Epic 1.0 (getting thrown to the center of the map, etc.)  These are normal, as this is the first release of the mod.  Again I say: the only work I did was updating textures.  If you find an in-game object covered in rainbows, THEN complain to me.  For any other problem, wait for the final release. (By Slaor and others).

I look forward to seeing some EPIC battles online very soon! :D

-------->M4BHoward

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 04:54:14 AM »

Click Me!

M4BHoward

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2011, 08:00:36 AM »
Lol... beat me by 25 minutes. :P  

Well, I think our two versions can exist together... I'll check for compatibility.

Funny thing though, I didn't know Epic 1.1 had been released... Maybe he converted the textures on 1.0 and called it 1.1.

If that is NOT the case, and his fix IS on Epic version 1.1, his fix supersedes mine.  But I'm checking first. :D

(EDIT: It's the same;  Epic version 1.0)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 01:18:20 AM by M4BHoward »

M4BHoward

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2011, 08:41:17 AM »
I've checked Commando38's PAK;  it should be compatible with my fix.

However, he forgot to DXTBZ2 a few folders in his PAK.  Among them are props for facility missions, shell backgrounds, and sky sprites.

Our two PAKs should be compatible in play; however, I have not tested that yet.

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2011, 12:00:36 PM »
Mer, tbh i dont want to spend ages downloading a huge .pak file when all i need to do is DXT textures myself and stick them into addon. Its far better that way and takes up less space

Click Me!

M4BHoward

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2011, 04:27:23 PM »
Lol :D

You probably don't need to download another PAK anyway; You're on the development team :D

It's nice for players new to Epic to have a Beta 6 package option; hence my work and Commando38's.

AHadley

• Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Controller Node
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 06:56:55 PM »
Bloody hell TJ, you kept that quiet.

Despite the fact that it's written on your profile :P

But yeah, same for me. Much quicker to DXT the textures myself.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 06:57:21 PM by AHadley »
Quote from: Katrina Cooke
The Cerberi. Fate's cruel and heartless practical joke on humanity. And this? This is the punchline.

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 08:14:03 PM »
What I keep quiet :P?

Click Me!

VSMIT

• Factions
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Resident Mac Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2011, 04:05:36 AM »
Probably that you're on the EPIC core team.

IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

M4BHoward

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 02:11:22 PM »
As I said on MD, that would probably be the best course of action, so that people don't have to download a 125MB file more than once.
The best fix is to:

A) Export all textures from the .pak file, or from Epic_Addon
B) DXT them, ensuring you pay attention to the contents of the rules file
C) Upload them in a .7z which extracts to a seperate folder called 'DXTPatch' in Epic_Addon

Nobody will download an entire .pak file as a fix, they may as well download the mod again.
Seriously, guys, create an addon folder!

Ok, FINE! (Lol)  Here's the addon package:------------> http://www.mediafire.com/?p9th8oa8brsae

This contains ONLY the DXTBZ2 files; it looks a bit messy all in one folder, but there it is.

I don't think the PAK takes too long to download; only takes about 5 minutes on broadband (~500 kps).

But for those who like addon folders (the people who know what they're doing :P) here's the addon. :D

!PLEASE NOTE!: I took ALL the DXTBZ2 files from the PAK, including those that were already there.  I do not know yet whether this will cause the 'duplicate files' error message.  If that DOES pop up, just delete the offending files in the addon (of course, if you're using addon, you probably already knew that. :D)